If you would like to book to have a flu immunisation, please contact the practice and we will arrange a time for you to come into the practice for your flu jab.
Having a flu vaccine does not give you the flu and it is safe to have a vaccine.
Please ensure that you are eligible for a flu vaccine before attending the surgery for your flu jab. For any queries, please contact the practice. It is very important that you book the correct clinic for your age as there are different vaccines for under 65s and over 65s.
Patients that are eligible for the flu vaccine are:
- Those aged 65 years and older (on date of vaccination)
- Those aged 18-64 in a clinical risk group
- Pregnant women
- Patients in long-stay residential care homes
Following on from above, the clinical at risk groups are as follows:
- Lung, heart, kidney, liver & neurological diseases
- Suppressed immunity
- BMI of 40 or above
- We are also offering a free pneumonia vaccine for all of our at risk groups, and a free shingles vaccination for all those aged between 70-80